Joiplay enables you to play all of the brilliant Pokémon fan-made games that are only available on PC (so it functions similarly to an emulator in that regard). Pokemon Fire Ash, Insurgence, and Pokemon Reborn (IMHO the best fan games) are among the games I’ve tested, and they work with some workarounds and few glitches. It’s already a huge boon for fans who have been clamoring to play them on mobile for years.
JoiPlay is still in its early stages, so expect more fixes and updates in the near future. This also applies to RPG Maker games, not just Pokémon fan-made games, though those are the most common type of games created with the engine.
So, without any further ado, here’s how you can play Pokemon Fire Ash on Android:
- Download Pokemon Fire Ash v3.10. Extract the Fire Ash folder inside your internal storage. This is important. It won’t work if you extract it on your external SD card.
- Download and install JoiPlay .apk
- Download and install the RPG Maker plugin
- Open JoiPlay, and click the “+” button on the bottom right. Fill up the details, the only entry that matters is “Executable”. Select the Game.exe file in the main Fire Ash folder.
- Long-press the icon, and click Decrypt Files. Follow instructions then restart the app.
- Press the Fire Ash icon you just made. Congrats and enjoy!
Note: Joiplay has released a post explaining how to fix bugs and use workarounds for common bugs on his Patreon. You can either shell out a buck and become a Patreon to get access to this and newer (fixed) versions faster or wait for public release.
About Pokemon Fire Ash
Pokemon Fire Ash is a fan-made Pokémon game. It took approximately two years to complete and is still being updated in its fifth year. It was designed using RPGMaker XP and Pokemon Essentials v15.
The plot of the game is loosely based on Ash Ketchum’s adventures in the anime. You travel from Kanto to Alola, including the Orange Islands and the Battle Frontier adventure, all in the style of Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen versions.
You will be able to battle Ash’s traveling companions and rivals, recreate his team, and explore the vast world of Pokémon in the game. It has over 50 gyms and over 800 Pokémon.