Download Pre-Patched Pokemon Crystal Prodigy GBC Rom
- Creator: jordanar18
- Version: v1.1
- Hack of: Crystal
- Updated: February 14, 2021
Pokemon Crystal Prodigy is designed to be more difficult than the original but not overly so, and instead focuses more on storyline additions.
Also, be sure to try out Crystal Advance Redux
- A new trainer class: the Prodigies (Male and Female). Distinguished by their blue outfits, they have smarter AI and stronger and more diverse teams than the other trainers of the areas they are in. In Johto you’ll find them training in Routes in the grass, having already beaten the Gyms they are nearest to. In Kanto, you’ll find them in the Gyms. When you beat them, they give you items.
- Virtually every trainer in the game has a higher-leveled team. This is most noticeable in the Gyms, the Elite Four, and in Kanto.
- All 251 Pokemon are available. You can look at the readme to see how to get them, or discover them on your own! The Celebi event has been restored; go to the Goldenrod PokeCenter after entering the Hall of Fame.
- Expansive post-game in Kanto, including dozens of new trainers, a major side quest, and a re-match of the Elite Four. Most new trainers are optional, as they will only challenge you if you step right in front of them or talk to them.
- After defeating the Elite Four Round 2, any knocked-out Legendaries reappear in their original locations (Suicune in the Burned Tower; see the “Locations” readme if you need info on Entei and Raikou).
- Tons of new items added, including the Lucky Egg and Scope Lens (again, see readme if you want their locations).
Version 1.1 Updates
- A new battle area for grinding is the Fuchsia Training Center. This is like the Battle Tower, but the Pokemon keep the EXP points and you get the money. You can battle almost 50 trainers each day!
- Lucky Egg and TwistedSpoon have been made available in the main game (see readme if you want their locations)
- Moveset Changes: the Bulbasaur line gets Giga Drain; the Charmander line gets Fire Blast instead of Fire Spin; the Squirtle line gets Bubblebeam instead of Rapid Spin
- The quiz to get the Radio Card has been removed
- Bug fixes
Other, but still significant, features and changes
- Running shoes — hold B to run
- Shiny odds increased to 1 in 1,024; Shinies also typically have exceptional DVs (meaning a shiny Rattata is literally a top-percentage Rattata)
- An Exp. Share is obtainable before Falkner, and an Amulet Coin is obtainable before Bugsy
- TMs are reusable
- Berry names were modernized; two Lum Berry and two Sitrus Berry trees added
- More room in the bag for items, including a new pocket for Berries and Apricorns
- Move Signal Beam added and is TM43; see readme for Pokemon that can learn it
- False Swipe is TM40, is available at the Goldenrod and Celadon Marts, and is learnable by the Johto starters
- The opponent’s 25% chance to miss status moves has been removed
- Move Tutor in Goldenrod is available every day after defeating Team Rocket in the Radio Tower (once a day) and teaches moves for 1500 coins
- Game Corner prize prices reduced
- Card-flipping game takes 10 coins to play (and payouts are adjusted accordingly), making earning coins faster
- Rare Candies are available at the Celadon Game Corner for 750 coins each
- BRN/PSN/PRZ increases catch rate
- Kurt’s Balls work as intended
- Move Deleter added in Lavender Town
- Automatically reuse Repels
- Easter Eggs and other fun things to discover!
- When scrolling through the Kanto Town Map, the game can freeze or crash. Make sure to save before you look at the map.
- In the scene of the battle between the two Youngsters on Route 30 (before you get the Pokedex and return to Elm’s lab), the Rattata sprites are sometimes glitched when they attack each other.
- When selling items and depositing items in the PC, the pack pockets scroll in a strange order.
- The Fishers on Route 12 sometimes appear as green Player, PokeBall, or Berry Tree Sprites in the overworld. They are, in fact, Fisher trainers. This is less likely to happen if you approach them from Lavender Town.
- In one of the Prodigy battles, the overworld Prodigy sprite disappears during the battle transition.
Kanto Side Quest Description
Shortly after disembarking the S.S. Aqua you learn of a mysterious Treasure Hunt that’s taken Kanto by storm. Rumor has it that the benefactor is offering a powerful Legendary Pokemon and the race to claim it has gotten lots of new people into training. Clues are scattered about, and it may take you a while to figure out what is required to get it. Have fun participating in this puzzling and exciting new Kanto side quest!
jordanar18, DarioEMeloD, Kuroko Aizawa, Thunungu